This year, for those of you who like to celebrate Halloween, things will be quite different. None of the usual trick or treating, knocking on your neighbour’s doors whilst your children ask politely for sweets. But there’s still plenty of Halloween fun to be had and below we share some of our ideas.
Halloween trails: Many local community groups are running Halloween trails, where you can venture out in the evening and still look for pumpkins and window displays. Why not take a bucket with you and for every pumpkin your child/children spot, drop a sweet in, so they still collect the goodies on their walk?! We’ve included some templates below for you to print off, colour in at home and to stick in your windows.
Visit a Pumpkin Farm: If you’ve got any local farms near you, check out to see if you can visit and pick your very own pumpkin. To find a pumpkin patch near you, click here.
Pumpkin carving: Who doesn’t love an evening of pumpkin carving? And with so many templates available on the internet, you’re pumpkin carvings can be as simple or extravagant as you want them to be, without needing to be an expert carver. Check out some templates here.
Movie time for the children: There’s plenty of PG rated films on for children to watch on Netflix this week in the lead up to Halloween. With Hotel Transylvannia, A Babysitter’s Guide to Monster Hunting, The Spiderwick Chronicles, The Witches and A Witches Ball amongst them. And of course, surely a firm family favourite of Julia Donaldson’s Room on the Broom.
And for the grown-ups: Some must see shows this October include The Haunting of Bly Manor, Rebecca, Stranger Things, Van Helsing and Fractured, to name but just a few. Over on Amazon Prime there’s Practical Magic, Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride and Salem Witch Trials.
Enter our Halloween Competition: We’re running a competition and to be in with a chance of winning one of ten Cadbury’s Halloween treat boxes, simply share your photos with us on our A-Plan Insurance Facebook page.
Competition Terms and Conditions:
- You can enter your photos on Facebook by posting a photo to our Halloween Competition post, or tag us in your photo @aplaninsurance
- Please ensure you have the permission of the people photo to share.
- The ten winners will be selected at random Wednesday 28 October.
- Each winner will receive a Cadbury’s Halloween box worth £10 from Cadbury Direct. Allow 5 days for delivery.
- There is no cash equivalent for the winner Use of data – to notify the winner.
- This competition is open to all individuals over 18 with a Facebook profile, excluding employees of A-Plan Holdings and their families.
- The competition can be withdrawn or extended at any time.
- The identity of the first round of winners will be available from the A-Plan after 2 November 2020.