With the prospect of spending Easter in lockdown, and getting to the shops now a little more challenging than usual, now’s a good time to start planning some fun Easter activities to do with children at home this year. Today we’re sharing some fun ideas to entertain them and give Easter more of a sense of occasion – even when we’re all stuck indoors…
Treasure hunt and other Easter games
If you don’t have chocolate eggs to create an Easter egg hunt, or you want a healthier alternative, why not print or draw eggs on paper, cut them out and hide them around the house and garden for the little ones to find? Either set a trail with clues, or get your children to tick them all off and award a prize when they’ve found them all.
Want to keep your children active? An Easter egg and spoon race in the garden is a fun way to get them out of the house. Or an Easter-themed dance party with Easter tunes will get them burning off some energy if the weather isn’t looking too promising. Easter-themed bingo and ‘pin the tail on the bunny’ are other variations of traditional games you could enjoy together, and here are even more fun ideas for Easter games.
Easter arts and crafts
Easter is the perfect occasion for simple arts and crafts, so here are some ideas for making their own Easter decorations and other themed creative activities.
- They’ll love making papier mache Easter egg decorations and hanging them from a branch or small tree
- Another fun idea is to make Easter bunnies from toilet rolls
- Go traditional and get them making old-fashioned Easter bonnets
- Follow this fun tutorial to have a go at decorating real eggs
- Get them to find egg-shaped pebbles and paint them like Easter eggs
- Create Easter bunnies from paper with this easy Origami rabbit tutorial
- No materials needed for bunny shadow puppets
- If you haven’t already done it, why not get them to take part in the rainbow trail?
Another fun, home-based Easter activity is baking. It’ll keep them occupied for a while, and even better, you’ll have some delicious treats for all the family to enjoy as a result. Here are some of our favourite Easter recipes:
- Easter biscuits
- Easter brownie bites
- Chocolate Easter egg nest cakes
- Mary Berry’s Simnel cake
- Hot cross buns
When Easter Sunday arrives, you could also get the children to help you prepare a special feast. Whatever you’re cooking on the day, get them to help out with things like setting and decorating the table, washing vegetables and making place names. At times like these, an excuse to get together and celebrate as a family is sure to lift the spirits – why not video call relatives to join in on the occasion?
And when you’ve finished eating, why not head out for your daily exercise and see how many bunnies you can spot on your walk?
Our top 5 Easter themed movie choices – perfect for the both children and adults.
- Hop – available on Netflix and Prime video, this animated fantasy of an Easter bunny that wants to take a different path in life and heads to Hollywood
- Peter Rabbit – this classic British character, featuring the voice of James Cordon is bound to bring some laughter and joy to any living room this Easter
- Rise of the Guardians – not strictly Easter related, but this animated family favourite features Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy
- Ice Age: The Great Egg-Scapade – This half an hour long feature where Sid becomes an egg Nanny
- Easter Land – watch how the Easter Bunny gets banished to a land of holiday misfits.
Whatever you’ve got planned over Easter, share your pictures with us on Facebook and you’ll be entered into a competition to win a Chocolate Hamper worth £40.
To enter simply post a photo of your Easter related activities on our Facebook page by 17 April 2020.
Only one entry per person.
There is only one winner.
The winner will receive a Chocolate Hamper worth £40. (Allow 28 days for delivery.
The winner will be drawn at random on 17 April and notified shortly thereafter.
Use of data – to notify the winner. Winner will be contacted via a private message on Facebook to ask them for their details for posting the prize.
There is no cash equivalent for the winner.
This competition is open to all individuals over 18 with a Facebook profile, excluding employees of A-Plan Holdings and their families.
The identity of the winner will be available from the A-Plan website after 20 April 2020.
A-Plan Insurance is a trading style of A-Plan Holdings who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered office: 2 Des Roches Square, Witney, OX28 4LE. Registration number 750484.