Much is changing on a daily basis in light of Coronavirus with many businesses being impacted, either needing to adjust to homeworking, changing shift patterns or temporarily closing. We’ve pulled together some links around finding the right information and support during this time.
Keeping up with the news
Like us here at A-Plan, you’re probably keeping a watchful eye on the media at the moment, given the constant changes. The Prime Minister and his top team are giving daily announcements and if you miss them, you can get use the quick links below:
• BBC News website – for updates on business
• BBC News YouTube – catch up on the daily updates from the Prime Minister, Boris Johnson and his team
• Government updates – get all the latest announcements on Coronavirus here, including links to support and guidance for businesses and employees.
• NHS website – good general advice for all around how to keep healthy and stop the spread of Coronavirus, some of which we’ve outlined below.
Implement hygiene measures in the workplace
As guided by the Government, if your business is to continue as normal, there are basic hygiene measures are particularly important during an outbreak like this. You can help by placing hand sanitiser gel around the workplace and encouraging employees to make regular use of them. The official NHS advice on reducing the chances of contracting and spreading the virus is:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- avoid close contact with people
- use phone, online services, or apps to contact your GP surgery or other NHS services.